Pages

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Re-dicovering your true self

It's often a good book that sparks my need to blog and share the wisdom and inspiration I've been reading!  Somehow the writing helps to cement it all in and give weight to what I'm processing for myself.  So really these posts are often just what I'm learning and growing in, and I share them in the hopes that they might inspire you too.  

This post then is no exception.  I've just recently finished reading a book called "Emotionally Healthy Spirituality" by Peter Scazzero. It's been an interesting read, and there's things in there that are prompting me to make some specific changes in my life.  Some great nuggets of wisdom and I'm selectively choosing to share just one... maybe to tempt you to read the whole book for yourself!


"Living your God-given life involves remaining faithful to your true self.  It entails distinguishing your true self from the demands and voices around you and discerning the unique vision, calling, and mission the Father has given you."


I have seen and continue to experience this to be true in my own life.  I believe that God has created each of us unique, and with great purpose.  We all have different gifts, talents, interests, abilities and things that get us fired up!  Yet, in a fallen world, these things can get lost.  Our cares of what others might think of us, the pursuit of security, comfort, position, success, wealth, popularity can take over. The overwhelm of busy days, crammed schedules and a never ending to-do list can push out our "true-self".  We end up running in survival mode for too long and never really thrive.  


So how can we close out some of the noise and get space and band-width to rediscover who God created us to be?  I'm going to be blogging through a bit of a series on some of my thoughts over the next few weeks.  Come along and journey with me? 


vk

For more, read these related posts:

Living with purpose

What's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment