Pages

Thursday, 19 November 2015

Comparison is a killer

Comparison is a killer of contentment. I've been learning recently to find joy in the seemingly mundane and in the life that God has called me to. In the season that I'm in and in the tasks at hand. It's easy for me to look forward and long for the next thing. It's also tempting to look back and wish for things that once were. Comparing now to then just kills my contentment, and it's something that I'm more and more challenged to let go of.

Being thankful is part of all of this. I'm reading through Ann Voskamps 1000 gifts devotional again at the moment and it's so helpful to me to practice thankfulness, counting the gifts of each ordinary day, and from it experience the contentment that comes from enjoying the moment. The here and now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment