Pages

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Why doing less is the best way to do more

Just wanted to share this video/podcast by Michael Hyatt talking about a book called "Essentialism" by Greg McKeown.  It's on my reading list and I'm excited for it because it's about a topic that seems to have been coming up in my life a lot recently...

The book calls it working in our "areas of highest contribution", some may also call it "purpose" or "calling". It's really helped me to think and pray about that a lot over the last few months and it's something Ken & I keep talking about too.  For me, I have a few things that I think God has given me as my purpose in life and they're becoming a filter to help make decisions by.  I have a hard time saying no to things, (as you may know if you've read much of my blog!), especially good things, and can easily end up overloaded and therefore doing nothing well.  Maybe that sounds familiar?!  Hope you enjoy this video and are challenged and inspired by the things in it as much as I was.

(You can find more on Michael Hyatt's blog at: www.michaelhyatt.com




vk

No comments:

Post a Comment