Pages

Monday, 7 July 2014

No one said it would be easy!

My baby boy is almost three months old and the end of the "Newborn" era is coming to an end.  Crazy how time flies.  I'm enjoying being Mum to such a sweet little boy, but there really are days when I feel like I'm just not cut out for this!  No one can prepare you for the feeling of overwhelming responsibility as you realise that this little person is reliant on you for absolutely everything.  This morning though I'm reminded as I'm reading through Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest" that "All efforts of Worth and Excellence are Difficult."  Nothing of value happens over night.  Nothing that's good comes quick and easy.  Just like the foundation of a house: blood sweat and tears might go into the back breaking work of digging and laying a solid foundation.  A lot of time and effort may go into something which will never again be seen.  But you really only get one shot.  You could choose to go the quick and easy route, all in the name of skipping out on the hard work, but it won't last.  So I'm praying that as I press on in this labour of love to care for and nurture my son, that it will be building a firm foundation so that he'll be able to stand firm and secure in whatever storms life might bring him... Easy? No.  Worthwhile? Yes.
vk

No comments:

Post a Comment