Pages

Monday, 14 April 2014

The Joy of Spring!

I love Spring! There's little lambs in the fields and the first flowers of the season are in full colour.  It's always a reminder of New Life to me, seeing everything blossom again.  Pretty significant that this year there's new life on it's way in a whole other way for me too!  With baby being officially due in a week's time, and Easter being around the corner too I've been thinking about the kind of New Life we remember at Easter. The New Life of Jesus.  I know for a long time, I didn't really "get it" - the Christian life was more about a get into heaven ticket and following the rules to be a good person between now and then.  Not much more to it than that.  Over the last few years though, I'm learning more and more what it means to actually enjoy this New Life now, day in day out.  The gift of Easter is so much more than just a pass into heaven one day.  It's the joy of the here and now.  The peace of knowing the One Who's in control day in day out.  And, most recently I'm realising the hope found in living with purpose right where we are.  There's a lot of hope in that.  Food for thought...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment