Pages

Thursday, 12 September 2013

Savour September

Wow.  Last week I read a blog post that pretty much shouted a few home truths at me that I think God has been trying to get into my head and heart for a while.  

What hit me was the reminder to Savour the moment.  

"Savour: To enjoy something completely"

Do you find yourself, like me, letting fears ruin the enjoyment of today?  Do you worry or wrestle in discontentment until there's no joy left?  Are you just passing time, waiting for the next thing?.... not really savouring anything?


I don't know about you, but I am a big sweet tooth!  I make sure that when a desert of any kind is in front of me that I enjoy every moment.  I take tiny bites and taste each piece right down to the last crumb.  Isn't that what it means to savour something?  To enjoy something completely.

I want to learn to really savour life.  For me that means to not get ahead of myself.  To enjoy what's in front of me instead of always looking ahead.  It means not being afraid of the unknown but finding joy in today.  And it certainly means slowing down, looking around and noticing the small things that might otherwise get missed.  The little things that we can always choose to be thankful for, to enjoy completely and to savour, no matter what.

vk

Subscribe to Across the Water!





No comments:

Post a Comment