Pages

Saturday, 22 June 2013

June Update

It's now less than 3 months until we leave this little island and start making our way back to England!  Wow!  Time is flying!  Our train tickets are booked for the big cross-canada adventure in September (see video at the end of this post if you're interested) and our shipping crate has now docked in London.  It's getting exciting!  I'm gonna be pretty sad to say goodbye to this little guy though... but we've found him a good home :)




A couple of weeks ago I had another appointment with our "super-doctor" in Vancouver!  He's really happy with my progress (so are we!) and I am no longer on medications which feels amazing.  My remaining symptoms at this point can mostly be put down to my body being so de-conditioned from 18 months of doing close to nothing.  He told me I have to remember I'm not working with a body that can run half marathons anymore... hmm no kidding!  His suggestion was that I make myself an exercise programme to start out gently and gradually increase.  "Make it fun" he said...  :)



Yes that's right, we now have a mini trampoline in our house, or a "rebounder" as it's technically called (but what fun is that?!)  My friend leant it to me and I'm loving it!  There's apparently some amazing health benefits to rebounding and it's often used in physical rehabilitation even for bed-ridden arthritic patients.  I'd love to hear from you if you've had any experience with it or if you've heard good things. 

So, safe to say I'm actually enjoying this Summer way more than last year - visiting with friends, boat rides, camp fires and ocean-side suppers.  Fab.

Love from across the water!
V


No comments:

Post a Comment