Pages

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Bucket List (Part 1): Dream Big


A year ago, Ken and I were given a little weekend break away by some friends of ours.  It was so refreshing and a time for us to chat and put some things down on paper.  


One of the things we did was write a bucket list of sorts - the top 100 things we each want to do before we die!  Yes, I said 100!  Ken has really inspired me to set goals and dream big and that if you shoot for nothing you'll hit that target bang on!  He was inspired to write down 100 things when he listened (and had me listen) to this podcast by Michael Hyatt: Seven Steps to Thinking Bigger.  But for us, it's more than just planning things we think it would be cool to do before we die.  We wanted to think about what was important to us and how we can implement that in the practical areas of life.  How can we intentionally live our lives to be a reflection of what we believe?  What might that look like in the way we spend our time? Our money? Our resources?

So, since it's one year on, I thought that over the next 3 posts I'd share some of my bucket list items that I've managed to accomplish, or at least work towards already!...


- One Year, make all my Christmas Gifts

I'm pretty crafty as some of you may know and so I just thought this would be a fun challenge.  This year I managed to do it for the most part for my family, and I loved it! 

- Take a road trip across Canada
Being from England, it's a bit of a novelty to be in such a massive country, and I wanted to see a bit more of it and have an adventure together. Christmas 2012 we made a pretty good trek all the way to Manitoba and back here to the West Coast again!  

- Read through the Bible in a year
I'm ashamed to say that I've never read through the whole Bible before and I completed it this February!  I'd like to keep making this a priority in my life...maybe you can hold me accountable?!

I'd love to hear some of your bucket list items/goals for living intentionally!  How are you doing with them?

I also came across Donald Miller's "Storyline" Programme, about goal-setting with meaning.  Have any of you heard of it?  Done it?  

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look for the blog Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vkacrossthewater21 May 2013 at 09:53

    Thanks Leanne! :)

    ReplyDelete