Pages

Thursday, 18 April 2013

The Library of our Life... so far!

Well, this week finds us starting to pack our things to leave - and it feels a little bit surreal!  We don't move back to England for a few months yet, but we're shipping a crate of most of the items we want to send. We have limited space and that of course means no space to waste on things like bubble wrap or those cool foam peanut things!  Instead, I've been using clothes, towels and bedding to cushion our treasures.  I have to laugh to myself as I carefully pad out a picture frame with my bright red Canada mittens, gently wrap a sugar bowl up in a pashmina and layer up a lantern in a pair of jeans.  Yep, I'm getting creative!

The whole process is bitter-sweet.  We're excited for things to come, but sad to leave friends behind.  Looking forward to making new memories, and re-living old ones at the same time, some great, some, not-so-great.  As I sort through some of the books we've accumulated over the last year, it kind of paints a telling picture: "Real Marriage", "Marriage takes more than Love," several health books and papers on Adrenal Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue and finally Lyme's Disease (too many to mention), and even one or two baby-planning books.  I can't say that those don't bring a few tears, because they do.  I guess some things stay only just below the surface for a while...


What I do know though is that as I listened to a golden oldie on my iPod this week, these words rang true: "Nobody told me, this road would be easy, but I don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me."

With love from across the water 
V

No comments:

Post a Comment