Pages

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Pen to Paper

"Moving the ink across the page opens up the eyes, that he may understand how it sheds light focuses its lens..."there are eyes in pencils and in pens" " (John Piper, quoted in Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts)

I love to journal.  A lot.  I write down thoughts and prayers (because I seem to have the attention span of a gnat when I pray, my mind wanders to groceries, laundry, birthdays, holidays...yeh!)  I write verses that strike a chord as I read my Bible so that I can look back on them.  It's so true that it helps shed light on things too.  Writing it down, somehow makes it clearer for me.  This blog is a bit like that.  

"If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad." - C.S Lewis, God in the dock

Now that's one to think on...



**Update: I've now been on the Lyme treatment for 6 weeks and have an appointment with my internist again at the beginning of November.  So far, not much change, but we're praying.  We're in contact with a Dr. in Germany too... they're way ahead of the game when it comes to Lyme.  He's recommended I get a spinal tap (ouch!) so I can get my spinal fluid tested for antibodies.  Not sure we'll be able to persuade our internist to refer us to a neurologist so that I can get that done, but we're going to try. Please pray that he'll have an open mind to that so that we might be able to get a few more answers.

Thanks for coming on this journey with us

Love
V

No comments:

Post a Comment