Pages

Monday, 22 October 2012

Good Plans

Today, Ken pulled out my Sunflowers... Summer has ended!  It was a bit of a sad moment! : (  Here's my reminder of Summer and the flowers in all their glory:

I'm a planner by nature, so the fact that at the moment I can't plan one day from the next can be a little frustrating to say the least!  It all is teaching me that The One who makes my plans for me is to be trusted, and as hard as it is, I have to be ok with that and leave it in His hands. 


I'm reading a book at the moment called "Christ for Real" that's by Charles Price.  The students are writing a review on it at the moment and since I'll be reading a couple of them I thought I better bring myself up to speed!  Well, it's been food for my soul.  I wanted to share just a bit from it that I'm finding pretty appropriate right now.  I hope you can be encouraged by it wherever you're at too...
"God's plans may not always make us glad, but the are good!  His plans may not always seem pleasant, but they are perfect!  Paul describes the will of God as being "his good, pleasing and perfect will." (romans 12:2)  When we see it to be good we acknowledge it to be perfect, we will discover it to be pleasing.  Sometimes the plans of God have taken His people through pain and suffering as they have allowed themselves to be the means of His will being accomplished.  The Lord Jesus Himself went through agony as He ruthlessly carried out the will of His Father with no regard for His own comfort..."

"There is a price to pay for obedience.  It takes us to the front line of the battle with satan and his cohorts, and we are not exempt from danger, tears or pain.  But through it, beyond the immediate suffering, beyond the unanswered questions, beyond the pain of battle, there is good that God is accomplishing, and it is perfect, and when we see the whole picture, there will be no doubt that it is pleasing..."


"God is under no obligation to explain to you or to me what He is accomplishing with our lives.  Sometimes He will give a glimpse as He often did to people in Scripture, but otherwise there will be no explanations from heaven and we will "live by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7)"

No comments:

Post a Comment